Sunday, December 11, 2011

Update on, "Letter to a Tenor"

The post I made on Saturday December 10th, 2011 entitled, "Letter to A Tenor" was actually a real email that I sent to Keith Jameson's managers. I just now received an email back from one of them, informing me that the letter has been forwarded to Mr. Jameson.
This is perhaps the best holiday magic, if there is such a thing, that I can ever imagine experiencing. Someone who seriously impacts my life in a non-trivial and extremely moving way is now going to know that he has changed someone's life.
Maybe it's just me: I live to know that people are in some way affected by my existence.
I believe there are two different sets that make us who we are. 1) The set of our own experiences. 2) The set of others' experiences of us. Keith Jameson, tenor, will now know, or more likely be reminded that, his existence is real, true, and complete.
As I'm writing this my mind is going off on a tangent, thinking about how I can't really know for certain if I'm expanding Mr. Jameson's experience at all, since even in my reaching out to him, I can only be reasonably certain that I am the one experiencing this.
But, a post on existentialism will be saved for another time.


I really did set out to write this update with a simple message. I've managed to complicate things.  I'll try to reiterate and simplify:


Realize that there are people you depend on, people who are deeply important to you, beyond what you normally consider to be your network of friends and family. Realize this, and act upon this realization. Tell that person. Vocalize. Or, letterize.

No comments:

Post a Comment